Filter material Ecomix C is a very efficient filter material.
- get rid of scale on plumbing and scale on heating elements;
- removes the metallic taste of water;
- reduces water color and odor.
- Solving the main water problem in one filter instead of 2-3.
- Stable purified water quality throughout the service life.
- Low salt consumption for regeneration.
Where is it used?
The filter material Ecomix C is used in Ecosoft type FK filters. Ecomix C is introduced into the filter as a mixture and is divided into five layers during the first regeneration. Normal tablet salt is used for regeneration.
Filtration systems with Ecomix C are widely used both for domestic purposes and in industry.
5 active components of the Ecomix® filter material:
1. Inert material – improves backwashing.
2. FerroSorb sorbent reduces iron and manganese content.
The iron content reduction mechanism consists of adsorption (fixation) on the surface of the material, oxidation, active layer formation and autocatalytic oxidation. As a result, the content of all the main forms of iron: dissolved, oxidized, organic and colloidal is reduced.
The best iron and manganese removal efficiency is achieved by applying well water directly to the Ecomix material.
3. HumiSorb sorbent is designed to reduce permanganate oxidation and water color.
Organic compounds are separated by the mechanism of electrostatic hydrophobic interaction.
4. Ion exchange resin (cation exchange agent) – softens water.
In the process of filtering water through a cation exchange, hardness ions Ca2+ and Mg2+ are replaced by Na+ ions. During regeneration, calcium and magnesium ions are flushed down the drain and the cation exchanger is saturated with sodium ions from the brine.
5. Quartz sand is used to evenly distribute the water flow through the filter during its washing.
Regeneration of Ecomix® filter material:
During operation, the filter material is periodically regenerated with a saline solution, just like conventional ion exchange resins.
— Calcium and magnesium ions are replaced by sodium ions during the brine regeneration stage.
— Iron and manganese compounds are removed by surface friction of the FerroSorb grains in the fluidized bed during backwashing.
— HumiSorb’s reversible sorption mechanism of organic compounds ensures efficient regeneration.
|Service time:||5 years|
|Filtering speed:||20 – 25 m/h|
|Backwash speed:||10–15 m/h|
|Brine flushing rate:||3–5 m/h|
|Minimum layer height:||500 mm|
|Optimum slope height:||800 mm|
|Maximum working temperature:||40 °С|
|Salt consumption:||100 g/l|
Requirements for filter supplied water
|Chemical oxygen demand:||20 mg O₂/L|
|pH:||5 – 9|
|Maximum TDS:||4000 mg/l|